Grow Mushrooms With Ease
Growing mushrooms for the first time can seem like a daunting and complicated procedure. However, a grow kit can make the experience both highly enjoyable and very straightforward. We provide you everything you need to grow the mushroom species of your choice, from start to finish. Combined with simple and clear instructions on the entire growing process to make it super easy.
Simply inject the kit with a gourmet spore or liquid culture, then set aside for a few weeks to allow the mycelium to colonise. Add a little water and some love, and wait for the magic to happen. You can cultivate almost any gourmet mushroom species with this kit: Lions Mane; Oysters; Shitake; Reishi, Cordyceps… the choice is yours!
What Is Included
This grow kit comes pre-sterilised and ready to inject with your gourmet spore/culture syringe of choice. All of our grow kits use premium HEPA air filters to allow gas exchange, while keeping contaminants from getting inside the kit. Combined with easy to inoculate injection ports, the risk of contamination (and disappointment), is drastically reduced.
- 1.2L Large MushBox
- Large Fruiting Tent
- Fine Mister
- Sterility Kit
- Covered by our guarantee
WE DO NOT INCLUDE gourmet spores/culture or a physical copy of the growing guide with this kit. Instead, we have a comprehensive mushroom growing guides on our website that gives a step-by-step process on how to use this grow kit. As well as some of our own tips and tricks we have for optimising your grow.
How to Use the MushBox
- Take your spore/culture syringe and shake it vigorously for 10 seconds. Fit the sterile needle onto the syringe.
- Wipe down the rubber injection ports thoroughly with the alcohol swab provided.
- Using sterile technique, inject 3ml of spore/liquid culture solution per injection port.
- Incubate your grow box in a dark, warm spot. Keep the temperature between 21-26°C for optimal growth.
- For the next 4-8 weeks the mycelium will colonise the substrate, until it has eaten all of it and forms a white ‘cake’. Once fully colonised, let your cake sit for an extra week to consolidate.
- Once fully colonised, remove the lid from the kit and place it into the fruiting tent provided. Mist lightly directly onto the grow box and on the inside walls of the fruiting tent. Pin the bag shut with the paper clip.
- Place the fruiting tent in a warm spot between 20-24°c, where it can receive some indirect sunlight or room light for at least 4-6 hours a day.
- Repeat misting every few days, to maintain condensation on the inside of the bag. After 10-14 days you should start to see the first mushroom pins.
- Let the ‘shrooms bloom! Harvest the mushrooms just as the veils start to break. Once harvested, mist heavily directly onto the cake to rehydrate it. Repeat steps 6-8 for subsequent flushes.
- Expect 2 to 3 flushes (crops) of mushrooms per kit. Don’t throw the kit away after the first flush, there’s plenty more to come.
Freshly Made With Quality Ingredients
Good ingredients make for good grow kits. That is why we only use 100%, natural and organic substrates in our kits. Mushrooms are quite sensitive to artificial chemicals and do not grow well on contaminated substrates. It is for this reason that we only use the finest, natural ingredients for your ‘shroomies. This provides the perfect nutrient-rich environment for your gourmet mushrooms!
Please aim to use grow kits or substrate as soon as you have received them. If you plan to use them at a later date, they are best stored in the fridge. Each item will have an expiration date of up to 2-4 months if stored correctly.
All of our mushroom growing kits should only be used with species that are legal to grow. Please be aware that the germination of spores from the Psilocybe genus is illegal in many countries, including the UK. The Psilocybe cubensis spores we sell are strictly for microscopy, research or taxonomy purposes. Always do your thorough research before purchasing. By purchasing, you are indicating that you are aware of your local laws. You also waive any liability towards Martian Mushrooms if you act outside your laws.
👽 Need help or assistance? Feel free to contact us with any questions here.